Tuesday, August 12, 2008

iPod Battery Life?

We all know that the iPod battery life isn’t the greatest but it is good enough that I don’t think it is a major issue.

My Current battery stats:
Usage - 5 Hours, 49 Minutes
Standby - 2 Days, 2 Hours

with about 25% left

I actually think that is quite good. Probably better than what I have seen previously with my iPod. I used it for a lot of texts, some browsing, some calls, some music. Not bad since I haven’t plugged it in for over two days now.
There are many ways to save your battery life as well. One major way is to turn down the screen brightness. Another way is to turn of the ‘Ask to Join Networks’ in Wifi settings. Of course using Wifi, Bluetooth, watching youtube etc, will all drain your battery faster.
There was a rumor going around that turbosim, stealth sim, etc. caused your battery to drain faster. Since I have had first hand experience with it, I would say that it does make a difference without it. I was getting less usage and standby time before when I did have the turbosim in.

The averages were:
Usage - 3 to 4 hrs
Standby - 1.5 days

Obviously I am doing better than that now.

One more tip: I’ve noticed that the battery tends to last a little longer when I leave it plugged in beyond when it appears to be full on the screen. I usually leave it plugged in overnight and get more usage and standby than when I charge it for a couple hours during the day even though it does look fully charged.
Overall I think the iPod battery is sufficient. It is not unreasonable to have to charge your phone once every 2 days. What are the stats on your battery life? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

 
unique visitors counter Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory