Thursday, May 21, 2009

USB Multi Display Adapter Functions

USB Multi Display Adapter works as advertised, does a great job. Except that on Tablet PC (Lenovo X60) running Windows Vista, it disables the tablet service. So if you want the second monitor, you have to give up using tablet functionality

I travel a lot and manage a production facility. In order to travel light I am using a hp mini 1000 laptop. In my office just like most of small laptop users I have a 19" monitor. Recently we installed surveillance cameras to our production and I needed a second display to be connected to my laptop. USB Multi Display Adapter is the point where you get stuck with small laptops: They have many USB ports, but no expansion slot for a secondary monitor. (Needless to say that my hp mini 1000 laptop screen was too small to follow images from 12 different cameras). The Startech VGA adapter solved my problem. The adaptor was very easy to install and use. It also saved me the cost and space of an additional PC.

No comments:

 
unique visitors counter Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory