Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some Toshiba Laptop Batteries not fully discharged

I find so many tohsiba laptop battery users have this problem : the battery fully discharged. now i list some user's troubles

User A : I bring to you guys a strange problem I've got on my Toshiba laptop since one week ago. Basically battery isn't charging anymore. When I put it back on the laptop the charging lamp comes on for 2 seconds and then comes off. There's no charge at the battery, if I take main off computer dies immediately. But Windows XP ALWAYS acuses 46% of charge on the battery, and says not charging as well. My battery didn't get end of life because I rarely use it and keep it off the laptop and was holding full charge, not used more than 50 cycles. Facts: 1) I know the battery was full discharged from last time I used, about 3 days ago problem appeared. 2) I got some virus/spywares days ago, do you think it maybe afected Bios?

User B: I had a similar problem when my battery got fully discharged. I ended up buying a seperate charger and then had the same prob, it would positively charge for short 2-5 second intervals.This worked for me: allow the 2 second charge, remove power adopter cord, re-insert again and again. The battery will slowly charge and after 20 times the power supply board will acknowledge that there is indeed a battery and charge fully. Don't let the battery full discharge after this point however.

User C : the laptop model #psaa0u-01q002 Toshiba is working fine with ac plug. but does not charge my battery and i bought new battery but that one does not charge too.the light comes on for 5 min. when i plug in the ac power, next to battery symbol in the front. it yellow color. so power is going to the battery, so connection is not the problem but why is it cut it off after 5 min.. and in the power meter it do not show charging too.

User D : I have a Toshiba Satellite A70 and it's had problems in the past, but never something like this. The battery won't charge anymore while in use and plugged in - a problem that's never occurred before. It happened about a week ago before I went on vacation, and ever since I've come back, it's been acting like this. I have no idea how to fix this problem. The battery starts charging when I close my computer while still plugged in. Is there something wrong with the the battery settings?

User A and B has the some model : Toshiba Satellite P25-S487

no matter what model of toshiba laptops, check the battery problems as follows

Normally the DC-DC convertor or power board controls the charge circuit in notebooks. This will control the distribution of power in the notebook and ensure items such as battery charge are working.
You might have something strange such as your power adapter running a little low on voltage, we get units into our workshops quite often that fail to charge batteries correctly and find the power adapter is not supplying sufficient power.
If thats the case its generally a cheap fix, replacing the power board is often a more expensive option.
Ideally you could do with either finding someone with a power adapter you can try or looking for a reputable company that would perhaps give you a free quote - if someone asked us we would happily put one of our adapters on to confirm if its that or not.I suspect that first as when the units open and drawing most power the adapter might be struggling to provide sufficient power, its very difficult to measure the output as the adapters are generally worldwide compatible so they adjust themselves depending on the input voltage and the load required.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Review! Well written and quite descriptive as well.. If any item or topic comes out then you should be the one releasing it to the public and make it known! The way you describe it is very intriguing and feels like candy to my ears, if that really makes any sense :) but you catch my drift.. In one of my classes, we were given a paper with instructions of how to build a swan made of aluminum foil and we had to explain to our group verbally how to construct the swan.. It was difficult! But, manageable and we came second in place, but it was tasky :) Nevertheless if you post anything else up I will most definitely check it out! Great review!
Compaq laptop battery

 
unique visitors counter Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory