Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Toshiba Satellite A70 used sentiment

Specifications
3.06GHz Mobile Pentium 4 CPU with Hyperthreading80GB HDD512MB RAMAtheros ABG Wi-FiDVD Super-Multi drive15.4" WXGA LCD, Radeon 9100 IGP (or Radeon 9000)


Review about Toshiba Satellite A70


I purchased this Toshiba Satellite A70 one year later it still works just as great as the day I bought it. It has the powerful P4 chip and a kick-ass ATI chipset and GPU. Many people complain about a heating problem, but the unit has two fans (one for the CPU and one for the GPU) and, if kept clean, cool the laptop sufficiently. At the time it was a relatively powerful system.The screen is purely eye-candy. I love it. It has a resolution of 1280x800, which is a 16:10 ratio, and is more crisp and clear than any other laptop i've ever seen. very bright, very clean, and not the least bit fuzzy.This laptop is a big one. Originally classed as a desktop replacement, it weighs in at an arm-popping 9 pounds (with the 12-cell battery). However, this laptop is built solid and very durable. In the time of my ownership, it has endured water, soda, a drop on the concrete, and a tumble down the isle on a bus, not to mention hundreds of drops on the floor (one with the DVD drive wide open). This is one tough system. I have actually half taken it apart while it was running, including the screen. (Don't try this, I'm an expert)As for software, I cannot say whether or not it came with good software. I'm a tweaker, so the day I got it, I wiped it and reinstalled windows, along with a version of linux. It's sad to say, this laptop is very tricky to run linux on. It was designed for windows. The laptop comes with a recovery DVD that restores the system to the way it was when you first took it out of the box. I suppose that would be a good thing for the average user.This laptop used to make an excellent gaming computer. It could handle any game older than it, and a few games that are younger. With a RAM upgrade this laptop can handle Doom 3 on medium settings. I mostly use it for CS:S, Quake 3, and San Andreas.The built-in atheros wireless card makes internetting on the go a dream. The range is good, and it operates on A, B, and G networks, with a max speed of 108MB/s. I treat this system like trash, and the hardware just never stops working. This thing has been through so much, and it will be through very much more in the future. At this time I don't even feel the need to upgrade, but I will buy a couple more of these if I see them on eBay. I just wish Toshiba still made laptops like this one this awesome.Pros:Very powerful laptop, fit for gaming.Beautiful screen.DVD super multi drive writes all DVD R/RW (+ AND -), and DVD-RAM.Pure reliability, survived two years in the worst possible conditions, used every single day.Built-in Wi-Fi, Firewire, and 5-in-1 card reader.Cons:High-capacity battery ( TOSHIBA PA3383U-1BRS ) + high power system = high battery life, about 4.5 hours.

No comments:

 
unique visitors counter Marketing Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory